MATERNITY PORTRAIT INFORMATION
I'm an award-winning Portrait Master maternity portrait photographer in Johannesburg, South Africa.
My maternity portrait gallery highlights my favourite examples of my maternity work.
Why should I have maternity photographs?
Your pregnancy experience is not forever. It is the most special and unique time in your life. Perhaps you missed capturing your previous pregnancies. Let me capture intimate, personal reflections of a moment in time. It will be an investment that never stops giving.
What is your maternity photography style?
My style is contemporary, simple and timeless.
How much does a maternity photo session cost?
My sitting fee is R2500.
What you buy from your session is entirely up to you.
YOU ONLY BUY THE PHOTOS YOU LOVE
Prints start at R525 each
Portfolio collections start at R10 500
Wall gallery series starts at R9 900
Please contact me for more details.
When should I book my maternity shoot?
Maternity sessions are best captured between 29-36 weeks. It is a good idea to plan your maternity shoot. If your timing does not allow for it then I am happy to work with you on timing. I have photographed pregnant mums the day before they gave birth!
Where are maternity portraits taken?
- Your maternity portraits can be taken at my fully-equipped Johannesburg studio using professional studio lighting. These photos are photographed against a seamless backdrop. White and black are popular backdrop colours.
- I also create maternity silhouette photos in my studio. A silhouette is defined as a view of an object or a scene consisting of the outline and a featureless interior, with the silhouetted object usually being black.
- Your maternity photos can be created on location. This is typically done against a natural background like in a park.
- It is important that whatever background is selected people should never see the background before they see you in front of it.
Who can join the maternity shoot?
Partners and children are welcome to join your maternity shoot.
How to prepare for your maternity portrait?
- People always ask what they should wear to their maternity portrait shoot. The simpler the better.
- Choose something that shows your bump off. Consider an outfit that flows or with texture as the contrast with your tummy is striking. Perhaps consider something of symbolic importance - your wedding veil.
- Plan your outfits in advance. If you are still unsure, bring a couple of outfits and we can make a final decision together.
- I have a range of fabrics, draping and lace that we can also play with.
- Moisturise your body the night before. Avoid bra straps and tight panties on the day of your shoot. They leave indents.
- Because hands are so expressive and always in style ensure they are neat and trimmed. A manicure is not necessary.
- If you are going to get a haircut, get it a week before the shoot. This way, the cut will grow in a little and you will have some time to get used it. Try do you hair yourself on the day of your shoot. It looks more natural.
- I have a make-up artist that I can recommend but you would need to book her well in advance.
- Get a good night rest. Nothing worse than being bleary eyed, puffy and tired for this special occasion.
What can I expect from a maternity session?
- I have photographed hundreds of expectant mums since 2005. I will bring all my years of experience and energy to your shoot.
- My goal is to ensure that you feel comfortable, beautiful, confident and empowered. I will guide you on posing, wardrobe and more
- You are welcome to share examples of maternity portraits you like. We will discuss these ideas, and together, create a unique collection of photographs for you.
- When you leave you will have had a refreshing experience. It is always fun.
- I will email you a contact sheet with plenty of images to choose your favourites from. It is a good idea to get a second opinion when you make your selection. We are so critical of ourselves.
- Your favourite, edited digital images will be sent to you in high and low resolution via WeTransfer.
- Because your maternity portraits are important to you I backup them up. In the event of lost digital files they can be retrieved for a fee.
How can I display my maternity photographs?
I offer you high quality fine art or velvet satin photographic print, custom framing and photo books to display your collection of beautiful memories.
If you value having Stolen Moments™ of your pregnancy contact me and let's set up your maternity, portrait photographic session.