FOUR PREPARATION TIPS FOR YOUR MATERNITY SHOOT
I recommend scheduling your maternity photoshoot between 29 and 36 weeks. Suppose you are expecting twins (or more), book around 26 – 30 weeks, as twins tend to arrive much earlier. Your tummy is visible, but you are still comfortable posing. I would be happy to work with you if this timing doesn't work for you.
HAIR & MAKE-UP
Professional hair and makeup may make you feel beautiful and confident for your session; however, your going-on-a-date makeup and hair will work.
I have a beautiful selection of maternity gowns and fabrics for draping provided for your session complimentary.
- Regular jeans (not maternity ones) and a camisole top
- Oversized buttoned white shirt
- Long, flowy or form-fitting dress
- Buttoned up or turtleneck jersey
- Neutral strapless bra and seamless underwear
- Black bra and panty set for black background photos
- White/ivory bra and panty set for white background photos
- Lingerie sets
- Tube top or tummy band
- Coordinated outfits for those joining the shoot
- Favourite scarves, accessories, jewellery
- Sentimental items – wedding veil, sari
Trust me to direct you in posing so you can look your best. Even if it is your first professional photography session, my goal is to ensure you feel comfortable, beautiful, confident and empowered. Throughout your personalized photoshoot with me, I will guide you on posing, wardrobe and more while providing a memorable experience.
The images will focus on you, your personality, feelings, and your bond with your much-awaited baby. Many maternity poses include hand-on belly and eyes looking down to express emotions and connection to your stomach. Other maternity poses empathize with the beautiful curves of your body.